The most effective way to get cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Buffalo is to regularly compare quotes from different companies that insure vehicles in New York.
- Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as distracted driving and a negative credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details. This article gives ideas to prevent high rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. When you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Unthinkable but true, almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average car insurance premium being $1,940, Buffalo drivers could save roughly 45% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Buick Regal Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the New York department of motor vehicles.
- Higher premiums for specific employers – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like fire fighters, executives, and financial analysts usually pay the highest average rates due to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, students and retirees receive lower rates.
- Type of car determines base prices – The performance level of the car you own makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Smaller low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive your Buick annually the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your Regal can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy is showing annual mileage, because it can save money.
Claims statistics for a Buick Regal – Insurance companies use statistical claims data when determining insurance costs. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Buick Regal Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information like how much school you completed, if you are currently licensed, your general credit rating, and your occupation. That rating data is then sent to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
To find lower affordable Buick Regal insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Buffalo, NY. To get the cheapest car insurance in Buffalo, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Regal
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick Regal insurance, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Regal, most lenders will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Buick for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in New York is overpaying more than $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Save money on Buick Regal insurance in Buffalo with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because it shows financial diligence.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in every state.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Buffalo who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Buffalo?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
If you want to use a good Buffalo insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Buffalo are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Buffalo exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Marc Scherrer – State Farm Insurance Agent
2165 Sheridan Dr – Buffalo, NY 14223 – (716) 875-0524 – View Map
- George Ihle III – State Farm Insurance Agent
7718 Buffalo Ave – Niagara Falls, NY 14304 – (716) 283-9100 – View Map
- State Farm: Dan Hawrylczak
1335 Hertel Ave – Buffalo, NY 14216 – (716) 873-3771 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most can insure with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Buffalo that are able to give price quotes.
- United Insurance Agency, Inc.
90 Bryant Woods S – Buffalo, NY 14228 – (716) 632-6118 – View Map
- Niagara County Insurance
1171 Delaware Ave – Buffalo, NY 14209 – (716) 881-6666 – View Map
- P.A.G. Agency Inc
1660 Kensington Ave – Buffalo, NY 14215 – (716) 835-3221 – View Map
Persistence will pay off
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheap Buick Regal insurance in Buffalo is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Buffalo car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Buick Regal insurance premium rates online in Buffalo. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much are Buffalo Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Buffalo Auto Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)