The most effective way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies who sell auto insurance in Buffalo. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
First, read about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper S8 coverage is available in Buffalo. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with every insurance company. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Sad but true, about 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in New York being $1,940, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Companies offering Audi S8 insurance in New York
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Buffalo, NY. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Smart Consumers Know How to Find Car Insurance Cheaper
Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but some are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Low credit score equals high rates – Credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Audi S8 by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- How much liability insurance do you need? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Having just one moving violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Performance makes a difference – The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for lower cost passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Insurance losses for an Audi S8 – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Audi S8 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Audi S8 Models Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi S8 4dr 4WD 288 266BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some companies don’t list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Buffalo Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can save you money since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include bundle discounts, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, good student, pay in full, switch companies, and teen driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, membership and employees, daytime running lights, air bags, driver training, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, safety device, Switch & Save, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-theft, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and multi-car.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, good student, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, multiple autos, and student away at school.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Buffalo. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in New York, click here to view.
Insurance agencies near you
Many people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Buffalo who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You don’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in Buffalo should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
When narrowing the list to find a local Buffalo insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Buffalo that are able to give price quote information.
- Progressive Insurance – Buffalo Service Center
6699 Transit Road – Buffalo, NY 14221 – (716) 810-1500 – View Map
- Dan Schmidt – State Farm Insurance Agent
615 Elmwood Ave – Buffalo, NY 14222 – (716) 783-9460 – View Map
- State Farm: Dan Hawrylczak
1335 Hertel Ave – Buffalo, NY 14216 – (716) 873-3771 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to contact at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Buffalo who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Consolidated Insurance Agents
3814 Seneca St – Buffalo, NY 14224 – (716) 674-1700 – View Map
- Paul Wolf Agency Inc
2686 Elmwood Ave – Buffalo, NY 14217 – (716) 835-9653 – View Map
- The Byrne Insurance Agency Inc
480 Abbott Rd – Buffalo, NY 14220 – (716) 825-4100 – View Map
If you receive reasonable responses to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to adequately provide car insurance.
Shop around and save
Cheaper auto insurance in Buffalo is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Buffalo, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When searching for affordable Buffalo car insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
Much more information about auto insurance in New York is available on the following sites:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Buffalo Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Buffalo Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Buffalo Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)