Sad but true, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. American insurance shoppers could save an average of 46.5% each year, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Cadillac ATS insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Buffalo. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as speeding and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on ATS insurance. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
A tip to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Finding the lowest-priced auto insurance in Buffalo is easy to do. If you are already insured or just want to save money, you can use these techniques to save money and still get good coverage. Drivers just have to use the fastest way to buy auto insurance from multiple carriers.
Best companies for Cadillac ATS insurance
The companies shown below offer price quotes in New York. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Buffalo, NY, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Cadillac ATS insurance in Buffalo
Some companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Buffalo and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
To see companies who offer online Cadillac ATS insurance quotes in Buffalo, click here.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people just want to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Buffalo.
By using this short form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Buffalo who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you are searching for an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they work. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both can write car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you include independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in Buffalo that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Clauss and Company Insurance Agency
735 Delaware Ave – Buffalo, NY 14209 – (716) 886-6600 – View Map
- Cannizzaro Insurance Agency, Inc
432 Amherst St – Buffalo, NY 14207 – (716) 235-8882 – View Map
- Sardinia Associates LLC
801 Main St – Buffalo, NY 14203 – (716) 853-3820 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Buffalo who can help you get comparison quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3835 McKinley Pkwy #2 – Buffalo, NY 14219 – (716) 604-0345 – View Map
- Marc Scherrer – State Farm Insurance Agent
2165 Sheridan Dr – Buffalo, NY 14223 – (716) 875-0524 – View Map
- Lou Santiago – State Farm Insurance Agent
557 Niagara St – Buffalo, NY 14201 – (716) 883-5500 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Buffalo?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in New York?
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
Cost effective Cadillac ATS insurance can be bought on the web in addition to many Buffalo insurance agents, so get free Buffalo car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Buffalo Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Buffalo Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)