The recommended way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Buffalo.
- Try to learn about car insurance and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as careless driving and your credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of New York insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. American drivers can save approximately $860 each year just by shopping around, but they think it's difficult to compare rate quotes online.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Buffalo, NY. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Buffalo, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Statistics and details
The rate information shown below outlines different policy rates for Nissan Pathfinder models. Learning as much as possible about how car insurance prices are formulated can assist in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$154||$278||$300||$18||$90||$840||$70|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$176||$278||$300||$18||$90||$862||$72|
|Pathfinder SE 2WD||$176||$278||$300||$18||$90||$862||$72|
|Pathfinder SE 4WD||$176||$278||$300||$18||$90||$862||$72|
|Pathfinder LE 2WD||$198||$338||$300||$18||$90||$944||$79|
|Pathfinder LE 4WD||$198||$338||$300||$18||$90||$944||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase insurance rates considerably.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders impact Nissan Pathfinder car insurance costs for each different age group. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Five Tips to Get More Affordable Buffalo Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Does insurance cost more for men? - Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn't prove that women are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
The example below compares Nissan Pathfinder car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Protect yourself with liability protection - The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Age of drivers impacts premiums - More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Young drivers are known to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Lower rates for safer vehicles - Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Nissan Pathfinder has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
Married drivers get cheaper costs - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. It generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Loss statistics for a Nissan Pathfinder - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate premium costs. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Nissan Pathfinder vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 2WD||99||114||83||106||101||108|
|Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 4WD||111||121||89||108||97||105|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan Pathfinder insurance, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Nissan and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $865 each year so shop around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Best auto insurance company in New York
Picking a highly-rated car insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Buffalo. The company ratings below may help you pick which coverage providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Buffalo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford - 93%
- The General - 91%
- Progressive - 90%
- 21st Century - 89%
- Erie Insurance - 88%
- USAA - 87%
- State Farm - 87%
- Travelers - 87%
- Mercury Insurance - 87%
- Safeco Insurance - 86%
Top 10 Buffalo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- The General
- The Hartford
- 21st Century