A recent survey discovered that a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in New York could save approximately 45% every year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for Nissan Frontier insurance is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Buffalo.
- Get an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides ideas to find cheap rates and find missing discounts.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is that you use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
What Impacts Nissan Frontier Insurance Costs?
Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Keep car insurance claims to a minimum – Insurance companies in New York give cheaper rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher rates. Your car insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Younger drivers cost more – Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
How’s your driving record? – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers with flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders increase Nissan Frontier insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females get in accidents in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The example below shows the comparison of Nissan Frontier insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Most larger companies allow better rates to clients who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Nissan Frontier insurance loss probability – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates. The data below shows the loss history for Nissan Frontier vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Nissan Frontier Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 2WD 57 64 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4WD 64 95 78 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 2WD 77 97 67 106 87 98 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 4WD 71 95 76 70 79 85 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 2WD 73 110 71 89 87 117 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 4WD 68 80 63 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The price information shown next highlights a range of insurance premium costs for Nissan Frontier models. Understanding more about how car insurance premiums are figured is important for drivers to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$192||$338||$434||$26||$130||$1,120||$93|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$226||$338||$434||$26||$130||$1,154||$96|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$226||$412||$434||$26||$130||$1,228||$102|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$260||$412||$434||$26||$130||$1,262||$105|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$260||$412||$434||$26||$130||$1,262||$105|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$260||$338||$346||$20||$104||$1,068||$89|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$260||$484||$434||$26||$130||$1,334||$111|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$260||$484||$434||$26||$130||$1,334||$111|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$260||$412||$346||$20||$104||$1,142||$95|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$294||$412||$346||$20||$104||$1,176||$98|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$294||$412||$346||$20||$104||$1,176||$98|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$294||$412||$346||$20||$104||$1,176||$98|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$294||$412||$346||$20||$104||$1,176||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can alter premiums significantly.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Nissan Frontier insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Frontier auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Frontier claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $800 a year to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might find some hidden discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Buffalo car insurance quote as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for buying a new policy early. The savings is around 10%.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will definitely reduce your premiums.
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Frontier annual premium costs with and without discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, New York state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, safe driver, and renewal discount.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, good driver, and multi-car.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, multi-vehicle, early bird, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, air bags, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, passive restraint, good student, multiple policy, good driver, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask every company how you can save money. A few discounts might not apply in Buffalo.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
We just covered a lot of techniques to find affordable Nissan Frontier insurance in Buffalo. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Buffalo car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Lower-priced Nissan Frontier insurance in Buffalo is available online in addition to many Buffalo insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)