It's a fact that auto insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who perform rate comparisons are highly likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely compared rates saved as much as $865 a year as compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is your ultimate objective, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
The most effective way to find better pricing on Nissan Altima insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Buffalo.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for instructions to lower rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Immediately put the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you'll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Buffalo can be made easier if you know where to look. Although New York vehicle owners do need to learn the way companies sell insurance online because it varies considerably.
Nissan Altima insurance rates and statistics
The coverage information displayed below outlines different coverage costs for Nissan Altima models. Having insight into how insurance premiums are formulated can be of help when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$130||$236||$254||$16||$76||$712||$59|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$130||$278||$254||$16||$76||$754||$63|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$278||$254||$16||$76||$770||$64|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$146||$278||$288||$16||$86||$814||$68|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$278||$254||$16||$76||$770||$64|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$146||$320||$288||$16||$86||$856||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Buffalo which can influence price quotes noticeably.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can impact Nissan Altima premium costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Learn How to Find Insurance Cheaper
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that help determine your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Deter theft and pay less - Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all hinder vehicle theft.
- Is you job costing you more? - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like judges, business owners, and financial analysts have higher premium rates because of stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Other professions such as farmers, students and the unemployed get better rates.
- Car and home together may be cheaper - The majority of insurance companies afford better rates to policyholders that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Females tend to be lower risk - Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. Males and females get in fender benders in similar percentages, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Altima insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Youthful drivers pay higher rates - Older drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets. Beginning drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so insurance rates are higher.
The data below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
More performance means more cost - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates are usually found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Nissan Altima rates compared to other models that have a range of performance rating factors.
Nissan Altima insurance claim data - Auto insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Nissan Altima vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Altima Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Altima 110 97 119 144 147 114BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Find cheap rates by being thorough
Affordable Nissan Altima insurance in Buffalo is possible online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Nissan Altima insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Buffalo car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Much more information about car insurance in New York can be read below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)