Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who shop rates annually are likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Buffalo is the reason you’re here, then learning about the best way to compare car insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable car insurance rates in Buffalo is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in New York.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as your driving record and a lousy credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides more details to help find cheaper rates and find missing discounts.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Buffalo. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Quoting and comparing rates for the best auto insurance coverage in Buffalo is not as hard as you think. Just about every vehicle owner who compares rates for auto insurance should be able to find lower rates. Although New York consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently and use it to your advantage.
Buffalo insurance discounts for a Mercury Sable
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for before you get the savings.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less may enable drivers to earn cheaper car insurance rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies that have some of the discounts shown above are:
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your state. To see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Buffalo, click this link.
Just keep in mind that quoting more increases your odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company does Buffalo Sable insurance quotes online, so it’s important to also get rates from them as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in New York. To locate cheaper car insurance in NY, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Buffalo car insurance agents?
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is still important in Buffalo.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive and independent Buffalo auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from local Buffalo agents, there are a couple of different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Buffalo who may provide competitive price quotes.
- MandT Insurance Agency Inc.
285 Delaware Ave – Buffalo, NY 14202 – (716) 853-7960 – View Map
361 Delaware Ave – Buffalo, NY 14202 – (716) 849-8618 – View Map
- The Decker Agency, Inc.
37 Elmwood Ave – Buffalo, NY 14201 – (716) 883-1455 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. These agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Buffalo willing to provide price quote information.
- George Ihle III – State Farm Insurance Agent
7718 Buffalo Ave – Niagara Falls, NY 14304 – (716) 283-9100 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3835 McKinley Pkwy #2 – Buffalo, NY 14219 – (716) 604-0345 – View Map
- Joe Czaja – State Farm Insurance Agent
1021 Union Rd – Buffalo, NY 14224 – (716) 674-3654 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Quote more to save more
When getting Buffalo car insurance quotes online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheaper auto insurance in Buffalo can be bought online and with local Buffalo insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer rates over the internet and these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More detailed auto insurance information is available at these sites:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Buffalo Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)