Are you looking for a better way to compare cheaper Mazda 5 insurance in Buffalo? Are you sick and tired of not being able to scrape enough together to pay your insurance bill each month? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
A recent insurance study revealed that about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. New York drivers could save almost 45% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to get the best price available on Mazda 5 insurance in Buffalo.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Mazda 5 insurance in Buffalo on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn the only way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
When shopping for Mazda 5 insurance in Buffalo there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from lots of New York car insurance companies. The easiest way to compare rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to insurance agencies in your area. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional advice only provided by licensed Buffalo agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get the lowest quotes online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more prices provides better odds of finding lower pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so it's recommended that you also compare price estimates from them, too.
The following companies offer price quotes in Buffalo, NY. In order to find cheap car insurance in Buffalo, NY, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though Buffalo 5 insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mazda 5, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Mazda but also your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in New York overpays more than $700 annually so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Mazda 5 coverage statistics
The coverage information below highlights detailed analysis of coverage prices for Mazda 5 models. Having a better idea how insurance policy premiums are formulated is important for drivers to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$94||$174||$254||$16||$76||$614||$51|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$108||$212||$254||$16||$76||$666||$56|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$108||$212||$254||$16||$76||$666||$56|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence prices substantially.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Mazda 5 insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accidents can affect Mazda 5 insurance rates for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of age and gender on car insurance rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Mazda 5 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below compares Mazda 5 yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive guideline of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Mazda 5 replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Get discounts to get affordable Buffalo insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance do not list the entire discount list very clearly, so below is a list both the well known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Buffalo auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Seat Belts Save - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some larger companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current 5 insurance policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Good Student - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Mazda 5 car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, New York state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, student away at school, good student, multiple autos, accident-free, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, defensive driver, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, driver training, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-theft, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, drive less, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, business and professional, distant student, mature driver, pay in full, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- USAA has discounts for vehicle storage, new vehicle, loyalty savings, annual mileage, and defensive driver.
When quoting, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Buffalo. To see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in New York, click this link.
Insurance agencies can give valuable advice
Certain consumers still prefer to have an agent's advice and that is a smart decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Buffalo.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Buffalo that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of car insurance agents
When searching for a good Buffalo insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Buffalo agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to contact independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Buffalo who may provide free rate quotes.
Buffalo Queen City Insurance Agency
26 French Lea Rd - Buffalo, NY 14224 - (716) 608-6047 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Buffalo that are able to give price quote information.
Lou Santiago - State Farm Insurance Agent
557 Niagara St - Buffalo, NY 14201 - (716) 883-5500 - View Map
Deciding on a insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Buffalo, get answers to these questions.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Buffalo?
After getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind it's your policy and you can cancel coverage whenever you wish so never feel you're contractually obligated to any particular company indefinitely.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We've covered some good ideas how you can save on Mazda 5 insurance in Buffalo. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to saving money on Mazda 5 insurance in Buffalo
Really, the only way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Buffalo is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers in New York. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Select a company
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An important part of this process is to make sure you're comparing the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Buffalo Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)