The recommended way to find cheaper Kia Soul EV insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Buffalo.
- Read and learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Soul EV coverage is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who shop around at least once a year will most likely switch companies because they have good chances of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved $860 a year compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding the best price on auto insurance is your intention, then having some knowledge of how to quote prices and compare car insurance can make the process less intimidating.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, follow these tips to save money without having to cut coverage. Locating the best rates in Buffalo is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Vehicle owners just need to know the most efficient way to compare company rates online.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is actually quite simple. All you need to do is take the time to compare rates to find the company with inexpensive Buffalo car insurance quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it takes the place of having to waste gas driving to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional abilities of a local agency. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Buffalo, NY. To locate the cheapest car insurance in New York, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Soul EV in Buffalo, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in New York is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper rates with these six discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as compared to bad drivers.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Soul EV can save up to 30% because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, driver training, daytime running lights, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers offers discounts for home ownership, continuous insurance, good student, driver training, multi-car, and IntelliDrive.
- Nationwide offers discounts including accident-free, multi-policy, good student, defensive driving, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for teen driver, homeowner, mature driver, business and professional, and switch companies.
- Esurance may offer discounts for good driver, anti-theft, homeowner, emergency road assistance, multi-car, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, multiple autos, driver’s education, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for professional/association, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, and annual mileage.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To find insurers with discount insurance rates in Buffalo, click here to view.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is especially important in Buffalo.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance policy providers may be either independent or exclusive. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they are different since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Buffalo that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Linda’s Able Agency
2564 Bailey Ave – Buffalo, NY 14215 – (716) 896-3366 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Cynthia Woltz Insurance Agency Inc
1926 clinton – Buffalo, NY 14206 – (716) 822-6874 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are Buffalo exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Lou Santiago – State Farm Insurance Agent
557 Niagara St – Buffalo, NY 14201 – (716) 883-5500 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in New York?
- How long has their agency been in business in Buffalo?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Car insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Kia Soul EV.
Due to the fact that many New York drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability – This will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like legal defense fees, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford. New York requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Soul EV to save money on collision insurance.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like EMT expenses, pain medications, ambulance fees, dental work and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Which auto insurance company is best in Buffalo?
Choosing the right company can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Buffalo. The company ratings below can help you choose which companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Buffalo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Buffalo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- Erie Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
One last thing about your coverage
There are still a few companies who don’t offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Kia Soul EV insurance is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can lower your Kia Soul EV insurance prices in Buffalo. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with the least-expected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When you buy Buffalo car insurance online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Buffalo Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Buffalo Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Buffalo Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)