Shockingly, most drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average premium in New York being $1,944, drivers could save as much as 45% every year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much they could save if they changed companies.
Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for Pontiac Solstice insurance is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Buffalo.
First, try to understand individual coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many things that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a low credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for more details to prevent high rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Solstice insurance. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle's registration.
A crucial key to this process is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and to quote with every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get pricing on the web. Obtaining pricing for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Buffalo is fairly simple as you just enter your coverage preferences on the page. Upon sending the form, their quoting system obtains your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
The ability to get online rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Buffalo makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to perform this step in order to get a better rate.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in New York. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Buffalo, NY, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance in Buffalo with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Safety Course Discount - Participating in a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Low Mileage - Driving less could earn cheaper prices.
- Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Distant College Student Discount - College-age children who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, passive restraint, anti-theft, good student, defensive driving training, student away at school, and driver's education.
- Nationwide has savings for easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, driver training, multi-policy, good student, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, education and occupation, good student, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- 21st Century has discounts for driver training, homeowners, early bird, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, air bag, and good student.
Double check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply to policies in your state. To locate companies that offer some of these discounts in Buffalo, follow this link.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Pontiac Solstice, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $700 annually so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
It's not one size fits all
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Comparing rates from local Buffalo auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Buffalo auto insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Buffalo should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Buffalo?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
The difference between Buffalo auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can do a good job, but it's important to point out the subtle differences since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Buffalo willing to provide price quotes.
- Dan Schmidt - State Farm Insurance Agent
615 Elmwood Ave - Buffalo, NY 14222 - (716) 783-9460 - View Map
- George Ihle III - State Farm Insurance Agent
7718 Buffalo Ave - Niagara Falls, NY 14304 - (716) 283-9100 - View Map
- Lou Santiago - State Farm Insurance Agent
557 Niagara St - Buffalo, NY 14201 - (716) 883-5500 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, you need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following are Buffalo independent agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Debra R Hamsher
1101 Niagara Falls Blvd - Buffalo, NY 14226 - (716) 833-1900 - View Map
- Clauss and Company Insurance Agency
735 Delaware Ave - Buffalo, NY 14209 - (716) 886-6600 - View Map
- Mesi Agency Inc
759 Dick Rd - Buffalo, NY 14225 - (716) 626-3355 - View Map
Upon getting reasonable responses and a good coverage price, you may have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance. But remember, you are entitled to terminate your policy whenever you want so don't assume that you are permanently stuck with the car insurance policy for any length of time.