It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Buffalo is to regularly compare prices from insurers in New York.
- Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for tips to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. Once received, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop around are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a cheaper policy. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance in Buffalo is your goal, then having a grasp of how to shop for coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
All major auto insurance companies allow consumers to get price estimates on the web. Getting online quotes for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Buffalo is fairly straightforward as you just enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. When complete, their system will obtain your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
Being able to quote online for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Buffalo streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to do this in order to get cheap rates.
If you want to compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Buffalo, NY. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in NY, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get lower-cost Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Buffalo with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Buffalo auto insurance online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Buffalo can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or claims, New York state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To locate insurance companies who offer free Dodge Ram 3500 insurance quotes in New York, follow this link.
Car insurance analysis for a Dodge Ram 3500
The information displayed below highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Having a better idea how insurance prices are determined can aid in making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$222||$390||$344||$20||$104||$1,080||$90|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$272||$458||$344||$20||$104||$1,198||$100|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$272||$528||$516||$30||$154||$1,500||$125|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$272||$528||$344||$20||$104||$1,268||$106|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$272||$528||$344||$20||$104||$1,268||$106|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$272||$598||$516||$30||$154||$1,570||$131|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$272||$598||$516||$30||$154||$1,570||$131|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$272||$598||$516||$30||$154||$1,570||$131|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$272||$528||$344||$20||$104||$1,268||$106|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$272||$528||$344||$20||$104||$1,268||$106|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$272||$598||$516||$30||$154||$1,570||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase prices noticeably.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Dodge Ram 3500 yearly insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper car insurance rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Dodge Ram 3500 car insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The example below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the New York minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set guideline to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Ram 3500 replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent. Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower prices and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Buffalo.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Buffalo that can give you free Buffalo auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from local Buffalo agents, you should know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Buffalo agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Buffalo that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- The Decker Agency, Inc.
37 Elmwood Ave – Buffalo, NY 14201 – (716) 883-1455 – View Map
- Sardinia Associates LLC
801 Main St – Buffalo, NY 14203 – (716) 853-3820 – View Map
- Niagara County Insurance
1171 Delaware Ave – Buffalo, NY 14209 – (716) 881-6666 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive agencies in Buffalo who can help you get rate quotes.
- Dan Schmidt – State Farm Insurance Agent
615 Elmwood Ave – Buffalo, NY 14222 – (716) 783-9460 – View Map
- Lou Santiago – State Farm Insurance Agent
557 Niagara St – Buffalo, NY 14201 – (716) 883-5500 – View Map
- Joe Czaja – State Farm Insurance Agent
1021 Union Rd – Buffalo, NY 14224 – (716) 674-3654 – View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How many years have they been established?
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Dodge Ram 3500?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Policy add-ons can waste money – Policies have extra coverages that you can buy on your Ram 3500 policy. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
More traffic means higher claims – Choosing to live in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when it comes to insurance. People who live in big cities have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Less people means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Save money by having responsible credit – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit rating can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Ram 3500 if you clean up your credit. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit ratings.
Rates impacted by vehicle usage – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Ram 3500 is just wasting money. Double check that your vehicle rating properly reflects annual mileage.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, almost every bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Buffalo. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Buffalo auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Cheap Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Buffalo is possible from both online companies and with local Buffalo insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims or even high prices. Whatever your reason, switching insurance companies can be pretty painless.
More detailed insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Buffalo Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)