Are you trying to find lower-priced Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Buffalo? Being forced to pay for high-priced car insurance premiums can overdraw your personal savings and maybe even restrict other spending. Performing a rate comparison is a great way to cut your insurance bill.
It's an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop rates annually will, in all likelihood, switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is the reason you're here, then knowing how to find companies and compare car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO persitently shower you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage once or twice a year because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best price on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Buffalo at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to find out one of the easiest ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. Choosing the best rates in Buffalo is much easier if you have a good place to start. But New York car owners must learn how the larger insurance companies calculate their prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Best companies for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Buffalo, NY. To locate cheaper auto insurance in New York, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Statistics and details
The coverage table below outlines different prices for Jeep Grand Cherokee models. Having a good understanding how auto insurance policy rates are determined can aid in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$196||$404||$300||$18||$90||$1,008||$84|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$196||$404||$300||$18||$90||$1,008||$84|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$222||$476||$300||$18||$90||$1,106||$92|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$222||$476||$300||$18||$90||$1,106||$92|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$222||$476||$300||$18||$90||$1,106||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower insurance rates substantially.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Jeep Grand Cherokee annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accident claims influence Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set guideline for excluding physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Jeep Grand Cherokee replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Buffalo auto insurance online. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Buffalo auto insurance quote.
- E-sign Discounts - Many insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Discount for Good Grades - Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better premium rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. But any discount will definitely reduce your policy cost.
The example below shows the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, New York state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for distant student, alternative fuel, multi-car, pay in full, and switch companies.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, driver training, air bags, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- American Family discounts include mySafetyValet, accident-free, good driver, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for easy pay, anti-theft, family plan, accident-free, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. Some credits may not apply in every state. For a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Buffalo, click here to view.
Learn How to Quote Auto Insurance More Affordably
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- Urban residents pay more - Residing in less populated areas is a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated New York areas have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount - Many insurers give a discount to people who carry more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save even more than the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Do you know your deductibles? - Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Jeep. Some coverage claims could be a broken windshield, damage from fire, or theft. The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Prevent theft and save - Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent car theft.
Premiums are high for teenagers - Inexperience drivers are proven to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Defend yourself with liability coverage - The liability coverage on your policy kicks in when you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Prices and job - Jobs like doctors, executives, and stock brokers tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Loss statistics for a Jeep Grand Cherokee - Auto insurance companies study historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates.
The data below shows the collected loss data for Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 2WD 81 111 71 62 60 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4WD 91 112 98 67 63 89BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Buffalo insurance agent
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Buffalo that can provide free Buffalo auto insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How long has the business existed?
- How are they compensated?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Two types of Buffalo car insurance agents
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Buffalo that can give you price quote information.
Lou Santiago - State Farm Insurance Agent
557 Niagara St - Buffalo, NY 14201 - (716) 883-5500 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Buffalo that are able to give price quotes.
More effort can pay off
We just showed you a lot of techniques to get a better price on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Buffalo. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
As you quote Buffalo auto insurance, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to buying cheaper Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Buffalo
It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Buffalo is to regularly compare prices from insurers in New York.
First, read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Make sure you keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Escape in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Buffalo Auto Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)