If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who sell insurance in Buffalo. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend auto insurance and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies. Find a Buffalo insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One important bit of advice is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare all possible companies. This enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Unthinkable but true, most car insurance policyholders in New York kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never shopped around. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could pocket $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to shop around.
If you are insured now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques covered below. The intent of this article is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages and how you can save the most money. But New York car owners benefit from understanding how big insurance companies determine how much to charge because rates are impacted by many factors.
Low Cost companies for Honda Element insurance in New York
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Buffalo, NY. To get the best auto insurance in Buffalo, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Honda Element insurance coverage information
The price information displayed below outlines estimates of policy rates for Honda Element models. Understanding more about how insurance quotes are established can benefit drivers when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Element LX 2WD||$160||$292||$254||$16||$76||$798||$67|
|Element LX 4WD||$160||$292||$254||$16||$76||$798||$67|
|Element EX 2WD||$160||$292||$254||$16||$76||$798||$67|
|Element EX 4WD||$160||$292||$254||$16||$76||$798||$67|
|Element SC 2WD||$160||$292||$254||$16||$76||$798||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence premiums greatly.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Honda Element annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Get affordable Honda Element insurance in Buffalo with discounts
Some insurers do not advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and place coverage with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you cheap Element insurance.
- No Claim Discounts – Buffalo drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Buffalo car insurance quote as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Good Student – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Buffalo car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Honda Element yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, New York state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include teen driver, bundle discounts, distant student, switch companies, and pay in full.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for safety device, emergency road assistance, paid-in-full, claim free, Pac-12 alumni, and homeowner.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, passive restraint, accident-free, driver’s education, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- Allstate may offer discounts for multi-policy, senior citizen, FullPay discount, anti-lock brakes, and good payer.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply in every state. If you would like to view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Buffalo, click here to view.
Informed Consumers Can Save Money
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Save by driving cars with good safety ratings – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your Honda Element has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
- Stress out and pay more – Occupations such as military personnel, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts have the highest average rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, careers such as professors, students and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Your car’s features help determine insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent auto theft.
Good drivers have lower costs – Even a single speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with license-revoking violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can affect Honda Element insurance rates for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Where you live – Being located in less populated areas can save you money when it comes to insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large New York cities have to deal with more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Poor credit history equals high costs – A driver’s credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Honda Element by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Buffalo insurance agency
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Buffalo.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Buffalo who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you need to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Buffalo are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you definitely need to check rates from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Buffalo who may be able to give you pricing information.
- Able Insurance Agency
1798 Main St – Buffalo, NY 14208 – (716) 883-5212 – View Map
- United Insurance Agency, Inc.
90 Bryant Woods S – Buffalo, NY 14228 – (716) 632-6118 – View Map
- Sardinia Associates LLC
801 Main St – Buffalo, NY 14203 – (716) 853-3820 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are Buffalo exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3835 McKinley Pkwy #2 – Buffalo, NY 14219 – (716) 604-0345 – View Map
- George Ihle III – State Farm Insurance Agent
7718 Buffalo Ave – Niagara Falls, NY 14304 – (716) 283-9100 – View Map
- Lou Santiago – State Farm Insurance Agent
557 Niagara St – Buffalo, NY 14201 – (716) 883-5500 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Buffalo should be willing to answer these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Which family members are covered?
If you receive good answers to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Best auto insurance in Buffalo
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurance provider is hard considering how many choices there are in Buffalo. The rank data listed below may help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Buffalo Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Buffalo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- The General
- The Hartford
- 21st Century
Compare but don’t skimp
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we covered many ideas to compare Honda Element insurance auto insurance rates in Buffalo. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Buffalo car insurance quotes. You may even find the best auto insurance rates are with a small local company.
Low-cost Honda Element insurance in Buffalo is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Buffalo, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Buffalo Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Buffalo Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Buffalo Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)