The recommended way to get the cheapest Mazda 3 insurance is to compare prices regularly from different companies in Buffalo.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as traffic citations and your credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A tip to remember is to make sure you're comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It's a fact that auto insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are very likely to buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. A study showed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $860 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving money on car insurance is why you're here, learning how to find and compare insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
Detailed insurance information
The table displayed next highlights estimates of prices for Mazda 3 models. Knowing how insurance rates are calculated can be valuable when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$216||$264||$16||$80||$702||$59|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$216||$264||$16||$80||$702||$59|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$256||$264||$16||$80||$742||$62|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$142||$256||$264||$16||$80||$758||$63|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$256||$264||$16||$80||$758||$63|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$142||$256||$264||$16||$80||$758||$63|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$256||$264||$16||$80||$758||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can influence auto insurance rates substantially.
Mazda 3 Insurance Premium Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
- How many miles do you drive? - The higher the miles on your Mazda in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your 3 is just wasting money. It's always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy shows the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Insurance rates in urban areas - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. City drivers tend to have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Car and home together may be cheaper - Some companies apply lower prices to people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you're getting this discount it's always a smart idea to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to save money by insuring with multiple companies.
- Liability coverage preserves assets - Liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Safety ratings are a factor - Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Mazda earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Battle of the sexes - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The chart below shows the comparison of Mazda 3 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Prevent theft and save - Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Poor credit can mean higher prices - A driver's credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with worse credit. So if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Mazda 3 if you clean up your credit.
Insurance loss statistics a Mazda 3 - Companies use claims history as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Mazda 3 vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Mazda 3 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 3 99 104 96 106 110 103 Mazda 3 Hatchback 91 80 96 81 73 86BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance company ratings
Finding a good quality insurer can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Buffalo. The company information shown next may help you decide which coverage providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Lower rates by being persistent
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Affordable Mazda 3 insurance in Buffalo can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
We just covered many ideas to save on Mazda 3 insurance in Buffalo. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Buffalo auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
More tips and info about insurance can be read at these sites:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Buffalo Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much is Buffalo Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Buffalo Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)