Chevy Cruze insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Shocking but true, the vast majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in New York can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rate quotes.
The best way we recommend to get discount auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell insurance in Buffalo. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
How to compare Chevy Cruze insurance price quotes in Buffalo, NY
The companies shown below offer free quotes in New York. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Buffalo, NY, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Some insurers do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Sign Online - A handful of insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up on the web.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Buffalo car insurance depending on your company.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting coverage on a new Cruze can get you a discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best insurance rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Cruze insurance in Buffalo.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower insurance rates.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
A few companies that have these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask each company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Buffalo.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Buffalo.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Buffalo who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
When researching a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Buffalo can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but we need to point out the differences since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Buffalo who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Niagara County Insurance
1171 Delaware Ave - Buffalo, NY 14209 - (716) 881-6666 - View Map
- Mesi Agency Inc
759 Dick Rd - Buffalo, NY 14225 - (716) 626-3355 - View Map
- P.A.G. Agency Inc
1660 Kensington Ave - Buffalo, NY 14215 - (716) 835-3221 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company's prices like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Buffalo that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm: Dan Hawrylczak
1335 Hertel Ave - Buffalo, NY 14216 - (716) 873-3771 - View Map
- Marc Scherrer - State Farm Insurance Agent
2165 Sheridan Dr - Buffalo, NY 14223 - (716) 875-0524 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3835 McKinley Pkwy #2 - Buffalo, NY 14219 - (716) 604-0345 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agency requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How are claims handled?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's needs are different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Smart Buyers Know How to Get Insurance Cheaper
Multiple criteria are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Gender and car insurance - Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. They both are in fender benders at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
Safeguard your assets with liability protection - Liability insurance provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Performance makes a difference - The performance of the car you are insuring makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates are usually for smaller low performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
How credit rating affects insurance prices - Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Cruze if you improve your credit rating.
Chevy Cruze claim data - Companies use statistical claims data when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect more than your Chevy Cruze
Despite the high cost, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in New York overpays as much as $810 a year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
More affordable insurance in Buffalo is possible online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Buffalo car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of information how to reduce Chevy Cruze insurance rates online in Buffalo. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company. These companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Buffalo Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)