If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Chevy TrailBlazer insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Buffalo.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how your policy works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper TrailBlazer coverage is available in Buffalo. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It's hard to fathom, but 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Buffalo could save $840 a year just by comparing rates, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Getting quotes for the best policy in Buffalo is not as hard as you may think. Nearly every person who shops for auto insurance will probably find a cheaper policy. Nevertheless, New York vehicle owners must comprehend the way companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Many insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow consumers to get prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Buffalo is quite simple because you just enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information.
Being able to quote online for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Buffalo makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's absolutely necessary to perform this step if you are searching for the lowest possible payments on car insurance.
If you want to compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you input your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Buffalo, NY. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Buffalo, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy TrailBlazer in Buffalo, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare rate quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper Chevy TrailBlazer insurance rates in Buffalo
Some companies do not advertise every policy discount very well, so the below list has some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Buffalo auto insurance online. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Auto/Life Discount - Some auto insurance companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Buy New and Save - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower prices.
You should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple autos, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good driver, defensive driver, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, daytime running lights, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include multi-car, low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, ease of repair, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for bundle discounts, early shopping, distant student, mature driver, good student, and youthful driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
It's a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To find insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Buffalo, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Buffalo.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Buffalo that can provide free Buffalo auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
What types of auto insurance agents are in Buffalo?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they work. Agents in Buffalo can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent agents are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Buffalo that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Able Insurance Agency
1798 Main St - Buffalo, NY 14208 - (716) 883-5212 - View Map
- Buffalo Queen City Insurance Agency
26 French Lea Rd - Buffalo, NY 14224 - (716) 608-6047 - View Map
- P.A.G. Agency Inc
1660 Kensington Ave - Buffalo, NY 14215 - (716) 835-3221 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers often use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Buffalo exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
- Marc Scherrer - State Farm Insurance Agent
2165 Sheridan Dr - Buffalo, NY 14223 - (716) 875-0524 - View Map
- Dan Schmidt - State Farm Insurance Agent
615 Elmwood Ave - Buffalo, NY 14222 - (716) 783-9460 - View Map
- George Ihle III - State Farm Insurance Agent
7718 Buffalo Ave - Niagara Falls, NY 14304 - (716) 283-9100 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Buffalo?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent's help.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
Cheap Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Buffalo is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Buffalo auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just covered a lot of techniques to lower your Chevy TrailBlazer insurance premium rates in Buffalo. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Buffalo Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)