Searching for low-cost insurance for a Chevy Impala in New York can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates so we're going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates on a Chevy and get the lowest possible price either online or from Buffalo insurance agents.
How You Can Control Chevy Impala Insurance Rates
Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
Performance makes a difference - The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums will generally be found on lower cost passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below uses these variables: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chevrolet Impala car insurance rates compared to other models that have different risk factors.
Driving citations drive up rates - Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Just one driving citation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can raise Chevy Impala auto insurance rates for each different age category. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? - Most insurers will give better rates for people who carry more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's still a good idea to compare Chevy Impala rates in Buffalo to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Better rates on cars with good safety ratings - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Chevy is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Does your vocation raise your rates? - Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers like military generals, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers like farmers, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
Insurance rates and age - Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Teenage drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Save money with responsible credit - Your credit history is a big factor in your rate calculation. People that have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have worse credit. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Impala by improving your credit score.
Insurance loss probability for a Chevy Impala - Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that tend to have increased losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Impala vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Impala Limited||100||115||79||142||148||153|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Getting a cheaper price on Chevy Impala insurance is actually quite simple. The only requirement is to take the time comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in New York. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Buffalo, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The table displayed next covers a range of insurance policy prices for Chevy Impala models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are determined can help guide drivers when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific Buffalo garaging location which can affect coverage rates greatly.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Chevy Impala insurance costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender-based insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chevy Impala insurance premiums for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Chevy Impala car insurance costs with and without full coverage. The data assumes no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact rule for eliminating physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Chevy Impala settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing in excess of $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Protect your Chevy vehicle and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Impala insurance, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Impala, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects your Chevy Impala and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Impala are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper Chevy Impala insurance in Buffalo with discounts
Some providers don't always publicize the entire discount list very well, so below is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a course in defensive driving could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- 55 and Retired - Older drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- E-sign Discounts - Many insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up over the internet.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Buffalo car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that's just not realistic.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Impala insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, New York state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, driver training, youthful driver, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new graduate, good student, new move discount, exclusive group savings, newly retired, and safety features.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, student away at school, driver's education, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for paid in full, teen driver, paperless, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, air bags, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- SAFECO offers discounts including multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
Double check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of providers with discount rates in Buffalo, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Buffalo.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Buffalo for you
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Buffalo insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Buffalo are either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Buffalo who can help you get price quote information.
- C.N. Maranto Agency, Inc.
36 Hopkins Rd - Buffalo, NY 14221 - (716) 633-1818 - View Map
- State Insurance Fund
225 Oak St - Buffalo, NY 14203 - (716) 851-2000 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Debra R Hamsher
1101 Niagara Falls Blvd - Buffalo, NY 14226 - (716) 833-1900 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Below are Buffalo exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Joe Czaja - State Farm Insurance Agent
1021 Union Rd - Buffalo, NY 14224 - (716) 674-3654 - View Map
- Lou Santiago - State Farm Insurance Agent
557 Niagara St - Buffalo, NY 14201 - (716) 883-5500 - View Map
- George Ihle III - State Farm Insurance Agent
7718 Buffalo Ave - Niagara Falls, NY 14304 - (716) 283-9100 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Buffalo?
If you get positive responses to all your questions as well as a affordable price, you may have found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you are able to terminate your policy at any time so never assume you're contractually obligated to a specific agent indefinitely.
How to know if you need help
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is my Chevy Impala covered if I use it for business?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy Impala?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
You just learned many ideas to lower your Chevy Impala insurance prices in Buffalo. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Buffalo car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
There are still a few companies who don't offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. Affordable Chevy Impala insurance in Buffalo is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Buffalo insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Steps to quoting cheaper Chevy Impala insurance in Buffalo
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Buffalo is to compare prices regularly from different companies who provide auto insurance in New York. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as careless driving and poor credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Impala insurance. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle's registration papers.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you're comparing the same level of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More information is available at the links below
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Buffalo Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Buffalo Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)