Wish you could get out of overpriced Porsche 911 insurance in Buffalo? You're preaching to the choir because there are lots of Buffalo residents who feel the same.
It's amazing but nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in New York being $1,900, drivers could cut their rates by $840 a year, but they don't know the rate savings if they just switched companies.
How to find lower priced Porsche 911 insurance in Buffalo
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to quote cheaper Porsche 911 insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies that insure vehicles in Buffalo. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
First, learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. Be sure to store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Since people have many online and local companies to choose from, it's difficult to pick a lower cost car insurance provider.
Best companies for Porsche 911 insurance
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Buffalo, NY. To get the cheapest auto insurance in NY, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and statistics
The coverage information displayed next highlights different insurance coverage prices for Porsche 911 models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy rates are calculated can assist in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$188||$472||$320||$18||$96||$1,094||$91|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$472||$320||$18||$96||$1,110||$93|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$204||$472||$272||$16||$82||$1,046||$87|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$472||$320||$18||$96||$1,110||$93|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$204||$472||$272||$16||$82||$1,046||$87|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$516||$320||$18||$96||$1,154||$96|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$516||$320||$18||$96||$1,154||$96|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$204||$516||$272||$16||$82||$1,090||$91|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$220||$472||$272||$16||$82||$1,062||$89|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$220||$516||$320||$18||$96||$1,170||$98|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$220||$560||$320||$18||$96||$1,214||$101|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$252||$604||$320||$18||$96||$1,290||$108|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$252||$604||$320||$18||$96||$1,290||$108|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$252||$650||$272||$16||$82||$1,272||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease rates significantly.
Insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The illustration below shows how violations and at-fault claims can raise Porsche 911 insurance costs for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Porsche 911 annual premium costs with and without full coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Porsche 911 settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Informed Consumers Can Cut Insurance Costs
It's important that you understand the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you better auto insurance rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are a few of the "ingredients" companies use to determine your rate level.
- Limits of liability insurance - Liability coverage kicks in if ever you are responsible for an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- More traffic means higher claims - Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer people means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- More miles equals more premium - Driving more miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers charge rates based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating is showing the right rating data. A policy that improperly rates your 911 is throwing money out the window.
- Prevent your car from being stolen - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
- Never let your auto insurance expire - Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below is based on a married female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Porsche 911 policy rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy - Most larger insurance companies afford discounts to people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
- An active insurance claims history can cost you more - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in New York award discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Porsche 911 statistical loss data - Insurers use statistical claims data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Porsche 911 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Porsche 911 Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr 191 47 173 24 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible 197 51 224 36 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD 349 367BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Porsche 911 insurance in Buffalo
Some companies don't list the entire discount list very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Buffalo auto insurance online.
- Sign Online - A few larger online companies provide a small discount get Buffalo auto insurance on your computer.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
It's important to understand that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But any discount should help lower your policy premiums.
The information below compares Porsche 911 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, New York state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in New York, follow this link.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
A small number of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is definitely important in Buffalo.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you want to buy car insurance from local Buffalo agents, you should know the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Buffalo are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's worth learning how they are different because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you should always include rate quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Buffalo that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Cielinski Richard Insurance Agency
2916 William St - Buffalo, NY 14227 - (716) 892-5154 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Buffalo who can help you get comparison quotes.
Finding a good insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is the agent properly licensed in New York?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Buffalo?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Do I just need basic coverages?
When selecting a policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's needs are different and your car insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Will my Porsche 911 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance savings summarized
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned a lot of tips how to shop for Porsche 911 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Porsche 911 rate quotes. You may even find the lowest rates are with the least-expected company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Steps to finding lower priced Porsche 911 insurance in Buffalo
To save the most money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in Buffalo. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Buffalo. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle's registration papers.
A key point to remember is to make sure you're comparing identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at these sites:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Buffalo Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)