Being forced to pay for expensive auto insurance premiums can draw down your checking account and force you to tighten up your finances. Getting a rate comparison can save money and help to make ends meet.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who compare other prices will most likely switch auto insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is your goal, then learning about how to get price quotes and compare cheaper coverage can save time and make the process easier.
Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate increase brand awareness with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes yearly because prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the best deal on Kia Borrego insurance in Buffalo six months ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
The best way to compare policy rates for Kia Borrego insurance in Buffalo is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like deductibles desired, whether you are married, whether you have decent credit, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. Those rating factors is then submitted to insurance carriers in your area and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To find lower affordable Kia Borrego insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in New York. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Buffalo, NY, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required by state law in New York and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Lower-cost Kia Borrego insurance rates in Buffalo
Some insurers don’t always publicize every possible discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current Borrego insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Kia could qualify for lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a safe driver class could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their company to study vehicle usage remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because newer vehicles are generally safer.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting free Buffalo car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be offered in Buffalo. To choose insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in New York, click here to view.
Which is the best insurance?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is my trailer covered?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What is the minimum liability in New York?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Buffalo car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the best insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in New York. The information below could help you choose which coverage providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Buffalo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- USAA – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Top 10 Buffalo Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Safeco Insurance