How long has it been since you compared quotes for more competitive Buick Century insurance in Buffalo? Think you have an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, many Buffalo consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. New York drivers could save an average of almost 45% each year, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they switched. There are many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest rates for Buick Century insurance in Buffalo.
Which Buick Century insurance is cheapest in Buffalo, NY?
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Buffalo, NY. In order to find cheap car insurance in Buffalo, NY, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper Buick Century insurance in Buffalo
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Buffalo auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Buffalo and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current Century insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, good driver, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Esurance may have discounts that include defensive driver, multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, Switch & Save, online quote, and good driver.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, easy pay, anti-theft, and business or organization.
Before buying, ask each company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To find insurers that offer many of these discounts in Buffalo, click this link.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Many people just want to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Buffalo.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Buffalo that provide free Buffalo auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Buffalo agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can provide car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn why they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Buffalo who may provide free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Buffalo that are able to give price quote information.
Deciding on an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Buffalo?
Do I just need basic coverages?
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is pet coverage available?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Century in Buffalo, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Buick, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Buick Century and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Buick gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $855 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Century resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Century to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as funeral expenses, loss of income and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. New York requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like doctor visits, funeral costs, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many New York drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Discount Buick Century insurance in Buffalo is possible on the web in addition to many Buffalo insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
As you quote Buffalo auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to buy cheaper Buick Century insurance in Buffalo
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Buffalo. You can compare rates by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a substandard credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Buffalo. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
More information can be read below:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Buffalo Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Buffalo Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)