The best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Buffalo is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in New York. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that drive up the price like getting speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for information to prevent rate hikes and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on RLX insurance. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop rates annually are inclined to move their business because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent study showed that people who routinely shopped around saved $850 each year compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for Acura RLX insurance in Buffalo is your goal, then learning a little about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can help you be more efficient.
Many insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get prices for coverage online. Getting Acura RLX insurance prices online is quite easy as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the system requests your credit score and driving record and returns a price determined by many factors. Getting online rates for Acura RLX insurance in Buffalo makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the cheapest price.
To compare rates now, check out the insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This way, you will get a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Buffalo, NY. To locate cheap car insurance in New York, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is not optional in New York
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your RLX has a loan, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Acura for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Acura and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
The Acura RLX Insurance Premium Equation
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in cheaper rates.
Avoid traffic tickets – Being a careful driver has a big impact on rates. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Even one citation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers with severe citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
You may save more by bundling policies – The majority of insurance companies apply discounts to insureds that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. It’s possible to still save more without the discount by buying insurance from a different company.
How many miles do you drive? – Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your insurance coverage shows the right rating data. Having an incorrect usage rating on your RLX can cost quite a bit.
Teenagers vs. mature drivers – Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
Credit history impact insurance rates – A driver’s credit score can be an important factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Acura RLX by improving your credit score. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit.
Acura RLX claim probability – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Acura RLX insurance rates in Buffalo
Some insurers don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Buffalo auto insurance quotes online.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your area. To view insurers that offer discounts in New York, click this link.
Local Buffalo auto insurance agents
Some consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Buffalo that provide free Buffalo auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Buffalo should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Buffalo?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Buffalo?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Buffalo for you
If you need to find local Buffalo agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents in Buffalo are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Buffalo who may provide you with price quotes.
Lou Santiago – State Farm Insurance Agent
557 Niagara St – Buffalo, NY 14201 – (716) 883-5500 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, you should always contact a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Buffalo willing to provide price quotes.
Buffalo Queen City Insurance Agency
26 French Lea Rd – Buffalo, NY 14224 – (716) 608-6047 – View Map
If you get positive feedback to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly service your auto insurance policy. Just understand that you are able to cancel coverage when you choose so don’t think that you’re stuck with a policy with no way to switch.
Compare but don’t skimp
We just presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Acura RLX insurance in Buffalo. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Affordable Acura RLX insurance in Buffalo is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Buffalo Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)