Nobody that owns a car likes having to buy auto insurance, especially when the cost is way too high.
Inconceivable but true, most New York auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save about $850 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Big companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all promote huge savings with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the following tips. Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Buffalo is really not that difficult. Nevertheless, New York drivers do need to know the methods companies use to determine premium rates and use it to find better rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Buffalo
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be significant discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a slight reduction on a Buffalo auto insurance quote.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that have these benefits are:
Check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere. If you would like to see a list of providers with the best discounts in Buffalo, click here.
How to find affordable Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Buffalo
When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps you find the best offered rates. Not every company does online Buffalo Atlas insurance quotes, so you should also compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in New York. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What does medical payments cover?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Is my Volkswagen Atlas covered for smoke damage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
When to get advice from an agent
Many people would rather go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Buffalo who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Buffalo?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Buffalo?
- Can you contact them at any time?
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Buffalo that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to contact independent agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Buffalo that can give you comparison quotes.
Cannizzaro Insurance Agency, Inc
432 Amherst St – Buffalo, NY 14207 – (716) 235-8882 – View Map
Auto insurance companies ranked
Picking a good quality auto insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Buffalo. The company information in the lists below can help you pick which insurers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Buffalo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- Erie Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Buffalo Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your Volkswagen Atlas insurance prices in Buffalo. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Volkswagen Atlas rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Steps to finding low-cost Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Buffalo
The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for Volkswagen Atlas insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who sell insurance in Buffalo. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read and learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and a poor credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Atlas insurance. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Once received, place the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. This ensures a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Buffalo Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)