It's easy to assume that car insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who compare price quotes will presumably buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that people who shopped around saved an average of $865 a year compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is the reason you're here, then understanding how to quote and compare coverages can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Pontiac Grand Prix insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Buffalo.
Step 1: Learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. Compare rates
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Buffalo. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Make sure you safely store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
A tip to remember is to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Buy Buffalo Pontiac Grand Prix insurance online
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Buffalo, NY. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Buffalo, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Buffalo insurance discounts for a Pontiac Grand Prix
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there's a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Smart Student Discounts - Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning your own home or condo can save you money since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to look at driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, accident-free, early bird, good driver, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, student away at school, defensive driving training, driver's education, and multiple autos.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and older, driver training, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, good student, teen driver, and theft prevention.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for student away at school, payment discounts, continuous insurance, save driver, and new car.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, membership and employees, seat belt use, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Buffalo. To view insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Buffalo, click here to view.
Three good reasons to insure your Grand Prix
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac Grand Prix in Buffalo, maintaining insurance is mandatory in New York but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Pontiac Grand Prix with a loan, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Pontiac but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $700 annually so compare rate quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
It's not one size fits all
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's needs are different and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Will my Pontiac Grand Prix be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Comparing prices from local Buffalo insurance agencies
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important particularly in Buffalo.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You don't have to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Two types of auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a local Buffalo insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Buffalo agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth learning how they differ because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, it's recommended you get quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Buffalo who can help you get free insurance rate quotes.
- Vanner Insurance Agency LLC
11 Pinchot Ct - Buffalo, NY 14228 - (716) 688-8888 - View Map
- La Penna Insur Agency Inc
3835 Harlem Rd - Buffalo, NY 14215 - (716) 838-1880 - View Map
- Niagara National Insurance
5001 Genesee St - Buffalo, NY 14225 - (716) 684-6000 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Buffalo that are able to give rate quotes.
- Dan Schmidt - State Farm Insurance Agent
615 Elmwood Ave - Buffalo, NY 14222 - (716) 783-9460 - View Map
- Joe Czaja - State Farm Insurance Agent
1021 Union Rd - Buffalo, NY 14224 - (716) 674-3654 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Toni Du Bois
2460 Main St - Buffalo, NY 14214 - (716) 931-5200 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Buffalo?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Buffalo?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?