Unfortunately, most consumers in New York kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. American insurance shoppers could save an average of $850 each year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable Lincoln LS insurance in Buffalo is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in New York. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on LS insurance in Buffalo. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, use these money-saving tips to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. Finding quotes for more affordable insurance coverage in Buffalo is easy if you know what you’re doing. Smart shoppers just need to understand the least time-consuming way to shop for insurance online.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be asked about before they will apply. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids living away from Buffalo attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current LS insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Buffalo, click here to view.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Buffalo, NY. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Buffalo, NY, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is my Lincoln LS covered for flood damage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What if I total my Lincoln LS and owe more than it’s worth?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required New York minimum liability coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rates but buy from a local Buffalo insurance agent
A small number of people still like to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Buffalo who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Buffalo, get answers to these questions.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is the agent properly licensed in New York?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
What type of Buffalo auto insurance agent is right for you?
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Buffalo are considered either exclusive or independent. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Buffalo that can give you rate quotes.
- Lou Santiago – State Farm Insurance Agent
557 Niagara St – Buffalo, NY 14201 – (716) 883-5500 – View Map
- State Farm: Dan Hawrylczak
1335 Hertel Ave – Buffalo, NY 14216 – (716) 873-3771 – View Map
- Joe Czaja – State Farm Insurance Agent
1021 Union Rd – Buffalo, NY 14224 – (716) 674-3654 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you include price quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Buffalo that are able to give price quote information.
- Able Insurance Agency
1798 Main St – Buffalo, NY 14208 – (716) 883-5212 – View Map
- Encompass Agency, Inc.
142 Niagara Falls Blvd – Buffalo, NY 14214 – (716) 835-6790 – View Map
- Consolidated Insurance Agents
3814 Seneca St – Buffalo, NY 14224 – (716) 674-1700 – View Map
Quote more to save more
Low-cost Lincoln LS insurance in Buffalo is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Buffalo, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)