How long has it been since you shopped around for lower-priced Hyundai Elantra insurance in Buffalo? Scraping up a payment for high-priced Hyundai Elantra insurance in Buffalo can stress out your accounts and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparing rate quotes is recommended to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
It's hard to fathom, but over 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Buffalo can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Since you have so many options for buying cheaper insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Buffalo, it's difficult to choose a lower cost auto insurance provider.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around as often as possible because prices trend upward over time. If you had the best rate on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Buffalo on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in how to use the internet to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Hyundai Elantra detailed coverage information
The price information shown below showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Hyundai Elantra models. Having a good understanding how auto insurance premiums are established is important for you to make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$154||$292||$254||$16||$76||$792||$66|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$418||$300||$18||$90||$980||$82|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$418||$300||$18||$90||$1,002||$84|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$418||$300||$18||$90||$1,002||$84|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$176||$356||$254||$16||$76||$878||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can affect premiums noticeably.
Careless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows how violations and at-fault accidents impact Hyundai Elantra car insurance rates for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Elantra premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Cheap Hyundai Elantra insurance rates in Buffalo
Car insurance companies don't always advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Switch Discount - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Save with a New Car - Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Distant Student Discount - College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Buffalo and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Multi-car Discount - Having several vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
We need to note that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The diagram below compares Hyundai Elantra insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, New York state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for anti-theft, annual mileage, location of vehicle, professional/association, accident-free, and ease of repair.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including easy pay, accident-free, defensive driving, multi-policy, and business or organization.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, driver training, military active duty, air bags, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and good driver.
If you need affordable Buffalo car insurance quotes, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Buffalo, click this link.
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you'll find typical coverage types found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as vandalism, falling objects, hitting a deer and hail damage. The most you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses such as pain medications, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and nursing services. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your Elantra resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Elantra to save money on collision insurance.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/10 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as emergency aid, court costs, structural damage, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. New York state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Elantra.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10 in New York), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Quote. Compare. Save.
When searching for the cheapest Hyundai Elantra rate quotes, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-friendly insurance in Buffalo can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Buffalo car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide online rate quotes and these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to finding low-cost Hyundai Elantra insurance in Buffalo
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable Hyundai Elantra insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies that insure vehicles in Buffalo.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Elantra insurance. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One piece of advice is to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)