Are you doing reasearch to find more competitive Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Buffalo? Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Honda Accord Crosstour in New York can be difficult, but you can follow the following methods and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages on a Honda and get the lowest price.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be asked about before they will apply.
- Good Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Buffalo auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Membership in Organizations - Being in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Onboard Data Collection - Buffalo drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Multi-car Discount - Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, New York state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, federal employee, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for safe driver, company car, mature driver, multi-policy, group or association, good student, and paperless.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, early bird, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for online shopper, Switch & Save, homeowner, good driver, Pac-12 alumni, and safety device.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, student away at school, driver's education, passive restraint, good driver, and anti-theft.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, education and occupation, anti-theft, good driver, good student, and multi-car.
If you are trying to find affordable Honda Accord Crosstour insurance quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policies everywhere. To choose insurers who offer discounts in New York, click here.
How much is Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Buffalo, NY?
Finding a better price on car insurance is not a difficult process. You just have to take a few minutes comparing price quotes to see which company has cheaper Buffalo auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in New York. If you want cheap auto insurance in Buffalo, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Statistics and details
The price information displayed next highlights different rate quotes for Honda Accord Crosstour models. Understanding how rate quotes are figured is important for drivers to make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord Crosstour EX 2WD||$178||$350||$318||$18||$96||$960||$80|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD||$178||$350||$318||$18||$96||$960||$80|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD||$200||$412||$318||$18||$96||$1,044||$87|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 2WD||$200||$412||$318||$18||$96||$1,044||$87|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 4WD||$200||$412||$318||$18||$96||$1,044||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in Buffalo location which can influence coverage prices substantially.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below shows the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Honda Accord Crosstour replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing in excess of $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Informed Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Prices
When buying car insurance it's important to understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find big savings.
Does your job cost you more? - Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like fire fighters, airline pilots, and miners generally have the highest average rates attributed to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, jobs like farmers, historians and performers receive lower rates.
Discounts for married couples - Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and it's statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Safer cars save money - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Honda Accord Crosstour has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Influences performance influences auto insurance premiums - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices tend to be for lower cost passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data uses these variables: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Honda Accord Crosstour rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
Are you male or female? - Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have higher claims. They also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour insurance premiums for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Eliminate extra coverages - There are many optional add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren't careful. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if they're wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Vehicle theft costs us all - Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Low credit rating equals high prices - Having a good credit rating can be a huge factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims than those with poor credit. So if your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your Honda Accord Crosstour by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Honda Accord Crosstour statistical loss data - Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage. The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Honda Accord Crosstour vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Specific Honda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD||85||97||83||122||113||94|
|Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD||99||102||94||120||93|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get professional advice
When selecting adequate coverage, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out if you could use an agent's help.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in New York?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance agencies near you
Some people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to companies in Buffalo that can give you free Buffalo auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
When finding a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both write policy coverage, but it's worth mentioning how they are different because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Buffalo willing to provide price quotes.
- Progressive Insurance - Buffalo Service Center
6699 Transit Road - Buffalo, NY 14221 - (716) 810-1500 - View Map
- Lou Santiago - State Farm Insurance Agent
557 Niagara St - Buffalo, NY 14201 - (716) 883-5500 - View Map
- Dan Schmidt - State Farm Insurance Agent
615 Elmwood Ave - Buffalo, NY 14222 - (716) 783-9460 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you need to get insurance quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Buffalo that can give you rate quotes.
- Bob White Insurance Agency
602 Grover Cleveland Hwy - Amherst, NY 14226 - (716) 836-2222 - View Map
361 Delaware Ave - Buffalo, NY 14202 - (716) 849-8618 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin K Conley
2521 Niagara Falls Blvd - Buffalo, NY 14228 - (716) 691-4000 - View Map
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as a price you're happy with, you may have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you are entitled to cancel coverage any time you want so don't feel you are locked into your new company for any length of time.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda Accord Crosstour in Buffalo, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda Accord Crosstour has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Find cheap auto insurance prices by comparing often
When searching for inexpensive Buffalo auto insurance quotes, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Buffalo. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Buffalo auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with the smaller companies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
How to find better rates for Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Buffalo
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest Honda Accord Crosstour insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies in Buffalo. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Accord Crosstour insurance. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read by following these links:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)