Do you want to save money by finding more competitive insurance rates in Buffalo, NY? Buffalo drivers have a choice when trying to find the lowest priced Dodge Neon insurance. They can either waste time driving around getting price quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Dodge and find the best price possible.
Consumers need to quote other rates occasionally since insurance rates change quite often. Just because you had the best premium rates on Dodge Neon insurance in Buffalo on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Buffalo can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have insurance now, you should be able to buy cheaper insurance using the techniques covered below. Consumers just need to understand how to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- Lower deductibles cost more – The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Big cities mean more claims – Choosing to live in a rural area is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers regularly have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Where do you drive? – Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Neon is throwing money out the window. Verify your vehicle rating properly reflects the correct usage, because it can save money.
- When should you file policy claims? – Car insurance companies in New York give better rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- What type of car do you drive? – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Low performance passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Always have car insurance – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Small coverages can add up – Policies have extra coverages that may not really be needed on your Neon policy. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are some examples. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Cutting your Buffalo insurance rates can be relatively painless. Drivers just need to take a few minutes to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in New York. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Buffalo, NY, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Neon insurance, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, almost every bank will force you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Dodge Neon but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known credits that may apply to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Student in College – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get cheaper prices.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with some insurance companies.
- Buffalo Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Buffalo may earn you a small savings since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for switching to them early. It could save around 10% when you buy Buffalo car insurance online.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to view companies that offer many of these discounts in New York, click this link.
You may need advice from an agent
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Buffalo who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Buffalo, get answers to these questions.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How long has the business existed?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Buffalo are either independent or exclusive. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name rather than low price.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Buffalo that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Toni Du Bois
2460 Main St – Buffalo, NY 14214 – (716) 931-5200 – View Map
- George Ihle III – State Farm Insurance Agent
7718 Buffalo Ave – Niagara Falls, NY 14304 – (716) 283-9100 – View Map
- Progressive Insurance – Buffalo Service Center
6699 Transit Road – Buffalo, NY 14221 – (716) 810-1500 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will want to compare prices from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Buffalo that are able to give rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin K Conley
2521 Niagara Falls Blvd – Buffalo, NY 14228 – (716) 691-4000 – View Map
- Hsbc Insurance Agency: Chiarenza John
95 Washington St – Buffalo, NY 14203 – (716) 447-2556 – View Map
- Clauss and Company Insurance Agency
735 Delaware Ave – Buffalo, NY 14209 – (716) 886-6600 – View Map
After getting good responses to these questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that will service your policy.
How to find a good New York car insurance company
Choosing the right auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in New York. The company ratings below could help you pick which auto insurers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Buffalo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- Erie Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Buffalo Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
Smart consumers save more
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver and even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to save on Dodge Neon insurance in Buffalo. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Buffalo car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
As you quote Buffalo car insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to buy cheaper Dodge Neon insurance in Buffalo
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Buffalo is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in New York.
- Gain an understanding of coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that drive up the price like distracted driving and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This enables a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)