A recent study showed that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Many drivers in America could save themselves $860 a year by just shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in Buffalo. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
First, try to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides instructions to help keep prices low and find overlooked discounts.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Click to view companies
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Nitro coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
If you’re already insured or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these tips to find the best rates and still get good coverage. We hope to help educate you on how insurance works and some tips to save money. Comparison shoppers just have to use the quickest method to get comparison rates from many different companies online.
Reducing your Dodge Nitro insurance rates can be relatively painless. All that’s required is to take a couple of minutes comparing rates online with multiple companies.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in New York. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Buffalo, we recommend you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Buffalo, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Nitro, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Rates and detailed analysis
The price information below showcases a range of policy rates for Dodge Nitro models. Having a better idea how insurance premiums are calculated is important for you to make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$194||$388||$362||$22||$108||$1,074||$90|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$194||$388||$362||$22||$108||$1,074||$90|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$224||$388||$362||$22||$108||$1,104||$92|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$224||$388||$362||$22||$108||$1,104||$92|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$224||$388||$362||$22||$108||$1,104||$92|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$224||$474||$362||$22||$108||$1,190||$99|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$224||$474||$362||$22||$108||$1,190||$99|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$224||$474||$362||$22||$108||$1,190||$99|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$224||$474||$362||$22||$108||$1,190||$99|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$252||$474||$362||$22||$108||$1,218||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can affect coverage prices substantially.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Dodge Nitro yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Save money with these money saving discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Nitro may earn a small discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable driving data collection to look at driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will definitely reduce your insurance premiums.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Nitro auto insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, New York state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
To choose insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Buffalo, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Buffalo auto insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Buffalo that can give you free Buffalo auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Buffalo
When narrowing the list to find local Buffalo agents, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies to choose from. Agencies in Buffalo are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either one can sell insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents write business for a single company such as State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. They are highly trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Buffalo that can give you rate quotes.
- Marc Scherrer – State Farm Insurance Agent
2165 Sheridan Dr – Buffalo, NY 14223 – (716) 875-0524 – View Map
- Lou Santiago – State Farm Insurance Agent
557 Niagara St – Buffalo, NY 14201 – (716) 883-5500 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Toni Du Bois
2460 Main St – Buffalo, NY 14214 – (716) 931-5200 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always check rates from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Buffalo that can give you price quotes.
- Linda’s Able Agency
2564 Bailey Ave – Buffalo, NY 14215 – (716) 896-3366 – View Map
- Buffalo Queen City Insurance Agency
26 French Lea Rd – Buffalo, NY 14224 – (716) 608-6047 – View Map
- Cannizzaro Insurance Agency, Inc
432 Amherst St – Buffalo, NY 14207 – (716) 235-8882 – View Map
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to shop for Dodge Nitro insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices or even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Much more information about insurance in New York is available below:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Buffalo Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Veterans in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Buffalo? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)